Hi y’all! So, I’ve been working on re-vamping my blog and I’ve been trying to decide on a content calendar. I’d like for it to be regular, weekly posts where you’ll somewhat know what to expect when you visit the blog! I’m thinking that Mondays will be recipe/restaurant posts, so here is my newest favorite recipe!
This pasta salad is light, yet full of flavor. Plus, it’s fairly healthy (I made it even healthier by adding spinach to the original recipe). It’s perfect for pre-made lunches during the week, a girls night dinner, or a wonderful side for a weekend bbq!
The salad is a quick recipe, taking no more than 20-30 minutes. If you love anything Greek or Mediterranean flavored, then this salad is perfect for you! I found the recipe on pinterest, and you can find the original recipe here.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 12 oz dry pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese (I actually used a little less to make it a little healthier)
- 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- lemon-herb vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
First, cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions (don’t forget to generously salt the water – this makes the pasta taste much better!). Once the pasta is done, drain it and then run under cold water for about 30 seconds to cool it off.
While the pasta is cooking, prep all of the vegetables. Once prepped, throw the veggies and feta in a large mixing bowl, along with the cooked pasta. Gently mix the ingredients together.
To make the vinaigrette, simply whisk all of the ingredients together until they are completely combined. Pour over the salad mix and gently toss until everything is evenly coated with the vinaigrette.
Serve immediately, or place in the fridge to serve later.
Like I mentioned earlier, the pasta is a great lunch option throughout the week or as the perfect side dish for an outdoor meal on a hot day. I suggest you serve it with a nice, crisp Sauvignon Blanc to really bring out the flavors.